Friday, April 1, 2011

plenty of fish? more like plenty of freaks!

so a friend of my mine told me that she has a plenty of fish account. I was like “what the heck is that”? apparently it’s a dating website. ha! so I decided to create an account for myself. my curiosity got the best of me, I had to see what all the fuss is about (obviously, I don’t plan on dating these guys that I talk to). I realize now that I never should have created an account, I was just setting myself up to be creeped out. my account had been active for maybe ten minutes and I was already getting message from the nastiest looking guys ever! I realize that I may not be a beauty queen, but I like to think that I deserve better than a beer gut and a receding hair line! lol.

anyway, these messages all pretty much said the same thing “you’re cute” or “ I could make you so happy”. umm…. hello! you boys don’t even know me! I don’t understand how it doesn’t bother them.  you basically put yourself out there for a complete stranger. that’s just too awkward for me. dating websites may work for some but, they’re not for me. needless to say, I deleted my account as fast as I could. they make you keep your account up for 24 hours. I guess that’s so you can decided if you really want to get rid of it. I did not need the grace period. I was over it as soon I pressed enter!

now, I know that everyone is shaking their heads and thinking “why in the world would you even create an account”?! I had too though! I wanted to know what happens on plenty of fish. it’s like this thing that I heard  a couple of years ago “ if there is a line anywhere I have to join it. I may not know what the line is for but, I want to find out.” well plenty of fish is my line. lesson learned. I will never jump into something like that again.  I’m sure my soul mate is out there for me and I’m even more positive that I won’t meet him on the internet. there are too many creeps out there and it seems to me like they congregate at plentyoffish.com



dwight schrute 
I may love dwight schrute but I certainly don’t want to date him!


*I don’t want to offend anyone. if you have a plenty of fish and have had a pleasant experience then, I am so happy for you. I personally am not a fan of online dating.*


love and rockets, 
kristen 

No comments:

Post a Comment