Saturday, April 2, 2011

too old for seventeen

So seventeen magazine is seriously one of my favorite magazines out there. I love it. I used to read it cover to cover. sometimes I would even re-read it just for fun. I couldn’t get enough of it. I mean come on, who doesn’t love the trauma- ramas at the end of it? I know I’ve had my fair share of embarrassing moments! haha. I picked one up the other day to read and I saw all these articles talking about high school and how to get a boy to flirt with you at your locker. I haven't had a locker for two years now and even when I had one, I never used it. that’s when it hit me. I might actually be too old for seventeen. I have pretty given up on ever reading j-14 again ( although, I used to LOVE that one!). for some reason, I thought I would never outgrow seventeen.

shailene     demi seventeen   taylor-swift-may-09-seventeen


it’s strange to think that I won’t be turning to seventeen for advice anymore. we had a good run of it though. I started reading it around the age of 12 and back then I didn’t understand some of the things in it. so it’s a little unsettling to think that I’ve out grown seventeen. I’m only 20 years old so, you would think that I would still have an interest in it but, honestly there’s nothing in there for me. I still might buy seventeen prom from time to time. I love shopping and those dresses are super cute! I just can’t help myself. I guess now it’s time to grow up and start reading Cosmo and People Magazine (I already love both of those, so it’s not really a burden. lol.).

Love and rockets,
kristen

1 comment:

  1. I can agree with this! I'm past the age of 17 and i'm looking for something a bit more grown up :P

    ReplyDelete